Week 11: #LAvSJ
Somebody's been juicing so hard it took two tweets just to reach the "J":
And this is what we have to deal with:
VERY COOL: apparently part of Wondo's new contract extension included some kick-ass custom Captain’s Armbands:
Just a reminder: "Bau Daigh" (Warrior Coming Over The Hill) is the first Native American capped USMNT player ever.
And no doubt who's San Jose's Captain!
For #LAvSJ, Quakes opened up Avaya for a viewing party. Lawnchairs & Marc Pelosi welcome!
Fox televised the Galaxy vs. Earthquakes match as a national broadcast. Fox Sports is based in Los Angeles. Fox also employed former UCLA, USMNT, & LA Galaxy standout Cobi Jones to provide color commentary. The result? A national broadcast that cemented the "home" in "homer" & pissed off everyone not Cosmo's drinking buddy:
We're assuming that for the #SJvLA #CaliClasico played at Stanford Stadium, in the spirit of balance, Fox Sports will invite Steven Lenhart to provide color commentary. With emphasis on Black & Blue #GoonieTime Color!
Galaxy have little regard for Wynne:
Dude only played amazing UCLA & Colorado minutes at CB for years.
Wondo has a chance here. Nice Blimp— Total MLS (@TotalMLS) May 22, 2016
— LAG Confidential (@LAGConfidential) May 22, 2016
San Jose's numerical advantage in the midfield is evident and it's giving the Galaxy some trouble #LAvSJ
BAD IDEAS: Poking a tiger with a short stick. Sticking a fork in a light socket. Lighting a match in a methane lab. AND:
Van Damme kicks Muma in the face. Ouch. #Quakes74— Quakes Epicenter (@QuakesEpicenter) May 22, 2016
Van Damme connects with Bernardez's head. pic.twitter.com/9FBMkr2RXf— Total MLS (@TotalMLS) May 22, 2016
Run. Run away now.
With the way the Quakes are moving the ball in traffic, we could see a goal before half here.— Dom (@lovsicfrs) May 22, 2016
LA’s own not impressed:
Top players of the first half of #LAvSJ— Andrew Rouse (@usarouse) May 23, 2016
Not sure which is more impressive: dude rated all Quakes players under Rowe, Van Damme, & Rogers (all defenders), or rated them above all Galaxy attacking options.
Oh dear Wondo. No blimp cam on this. I think this shot destroyed the blimp cam. pic.twitter.com/kwNEqDzK2Z— Total MLS (@TotalMLS) May 23, 2016
That was a normal shot on goal that millions of strikers have rocketed just over the bar since Time Immemorial.
But thanks for the Belgium-inspired hyperbole.
Bruce is having a hard time controlling his emotions. pic.twitter.com/lf1mZ1DioU— Total MLS (@TotalMLS) May 23, 2016
Kinnear is apparently on the same wavelength.— Quakes Talk (@quakes_talk) May 23, 2016
Salinason for Garcia. #Quakes74
MPG made for some good movement, but sometimes for a #CaliClasico you need a grizzled veteran:
Godoy sees red after getting hit with studs into top of boot, but Zardes doesn't even see yellow:
Difficult to see on the angle of the replay, but Zardes might have gotten studs up on Godoy going for the ball. #LAvSJ— Matt Pollard (@LWOSMattPollard) May 23, 2016
Godoy is Mad pic.twitter.com/6z4pdHxHkq— Total MLS (@TotalMLS) May 23, 2016
Once again, CROSSBAR proving itself one of the most formidable defenders in MLS:
Wondo in the first half. Dos— Major League Soccer (@MLS) May 23, 2016
Santosin the second.
Crossbar's having itself a day. #LAvSJ
THE RETURN OF CATO
When MLS stacks the deck in LA's favor, sometimes you just need the right dealer:
Wynne, who's been rocking the backline, makes an unlucky touch:
LA takes the lead on this Wynne own goal. 1-0 to the Galaxy. pic.twitter.com/bXIh4jmUXN— Total MLS (@TotalMLS) May 23, 2016
At least LA didn't score it.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL FUCK YEAH FATAI ALASHE MADE ME FLIP MY PHONE THREE FEET IN THE AIR AT THIS BAR!!!!!!!— Sterling McGarvey (@sterling_m) May 23, 2016
That's what you call a team goal from SJ. Great hustle from Chad Barrett to keep possession; brilliant run & header from Alashe. #LAvSJ— John Bava III (@LWOS_JB3) May 23, 2016
As with most #CaliClasicos, we all need a Stadium Buddy:
Especially deep in Galaxy territory, ULTRAS are 1) in the house & 2) shirtless.
The San Jose Earthquakes fans are excited. And shirtless. But we could have predicted that. pic.twitter.com/wKhpcubwvS— Total MLS (@TotalMLS) May 23, 2016
70% OF THE WORLD IS COVERED BY WATER, THE OTHER 30% IS COVERED BY @a_godoy03— Earthquakes Brasil (@SJEarthquakesBR) May 23, 2016
Glad to leave this shithole! pic.twitter.com/EBTKciVlkv— San Jose Ultras (@SanJoseUltras) May 23, 2016