If you’re reading this, it’s safe to assume that you’re a fan of the San Jose Earthquakes. What better way to express that fandom than by joining our team as the new site manager of Center Line Soccer?
If you’re passionate about the team and the community we’ve built here at Center Line Soccer, you might be a perfect fit. Keep reading to find out if this is the right opportunity for you.
The site manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Earthquakes news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management regarding site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
Our best site manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Earthquakes and news.
- Already enjoy reading, commenting, and participating in the Center Line Soccer community.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be a self-starter and comfortable working in a remote environment.
This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred. If your background and experience don’t perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply. To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample via the Vox Media job board.
If you have questions about this role, Center Line Soccer, or SB Nation in general, reach out to Jeanna Thomas, talent manager for team brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org.