The San Jose Earthquakes still have two games on tap to close out September, Wednesday against the Colorado Rapids and Sunday against LAFC, but MLS announced the rest of the 2020 regular season slate Tuesday, with games through October and going into November.
The Quakes are in a bad place, but incredibly they are still only four points out of a playoff spot right now. There’s now 11 games in the schedule to see if they can turn things around or not, but that’s plenty of room to work with if the team can stop shipping goals and start picking up wins (admittedly a big if at this point).
Here’s the regular season slate for October and November:
- Saturday, Oct. 3: vs. LA Galaxy (7:30 pm PT)
- Wednesday, Oct. 7: vs. Vancouver Whitecaps (7:30 pm PT)
- Sunday, Oct. 11: at Portland Timbers (7 pm PT)
- Wednesday, Oct. 14: at LA Galaxy (7:30 pm PT)
- Sunday, Oct. 18: vs. Seattle Sounders (7:30 pm PT)
- Saturday, Oct. 24: at Vancouver Whitecaps (in Portland) (7 pm PT)
- Wednesday, Oct. 28: vs. Real Salt Lake (7:30 pm PT)
- Sunday, Nov. 1: vs. LAFC (7:30 pm PT)
- Sunday, Nov. 8: at Seattle Sounders (3:30 pm PT)
So there you have it. Two more Cali Clasicos, another meeting against LAFC and the Timbers each, and two games against the Whitecaps, among others. It won’t be easy, but mark your calendars, and let’s see if the Earthquakes can turn things around after nearly everyone has counted them out.
What do you think? Leave a comment below.